I’ve arranged my entire week around this debate so Arrow & I can watch it live and for FREE!
Since the debate starts in my time zone at 4 PM and goes until 6:30 PM I have been giving a bit of thought to a *proper debate menu*… with THM friendly foods.
And here… without further ado is my menu ~
HAM-burger Pie with Cheese
Third Day Salad
Ham-burger Pie with Cheese recipe is in the THM book on page 326
Third Day Salad – a variety of lettuces, veggies & fruit from my farm share with thousand island dressing
Creation Custard – the prefect THM dessert for a cold evening!
- 3 tart apples
- 2 TB ground Truvia, xylitol, or stevia to taste
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 2 TB apple cider or white wine
- 1 tsp melted butter
- cinnamon & Truvia combined
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pare, core and slice thinly the apples. Sprinkle them with ground sweetener. It should be a bit sweeter than you think as the heat will reduce sweetness some. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Beat until light the eggs, apple cider and melted butter.
- Fold in the apples. Bake them in a lightly greased oven-proof dish until the custard is firm. About 20 - 30 minutes.
- Serve at once with: Cinnamon and truvia
- Would also be good made with blueberries, raspberries, peaches, or blackberries.