You are going to hate me for this recipe.
You will be amazed at the addicting taste of these AND how easy they are to make! I used the Bob’s Red Mill chocolate chip cookie mix and followed the package directions. They only change I make is to add a teaspoon or so of vanilla extract.
It helps to hide the bean flavor.
But I *LIKE* that there is bean flour in my cookies. 😀 Added protein…
- 1 package Bob's Red Mill chocolate chip cookie mix made with 1 tsp vanilla added, divided
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Once you have the cookies dough all mixed together... take ¾ of the dough and pat it in the bottom of a 8x8 inch pan.
- Then take cream cheese, egg, vanilla, & sugar and mix well. Spread this on top of the coolie dough all the way to the edges.
- With the remaining dough, drop small bits on the the cream cheese layer. I try to use pieces about the size of nickles or so.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes or until the cream cheese layer is slightly browned. You want this to still be slightly moist.
- Let cool some before cutting into 16 - 2 inch squares. If you can resist!!
I had relatives visiting and they had cut into this before I was even able to get a photo! You can see the evidence of that in the photo above.
They couldn’t wait until it finished cooling and told me I was torturing them… I classify this as one big hit of a simple treat!!
Blessings, ~Aunt Mae (aka ~Mrs. R)
Post shared here: The Better Mom, What Joy is Mine, Raising Arrows, Homestead Revival, Musings of a Housewife, One Creative Mommy, A Mamma’s Story, The Modest Mom, Far Above Rubies, Time Warp Wife, Growing Home, A Pause on the Path, Thankful Homemaker, Heavenly Homemakers, Hip Homeschool Moms, Like a Mustard Seed, Raising Homemakers, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home, We Are THAT Family, Deep Roots at Home, Intentional Me, Our Simple Country Life, Little Natural Cottage, GNOWFGLINS,